This examination of the revolutionary and countercultural movements of the 1960s will also look at today's movements to see how, if at all, they compare. The course will feature prominant guests speakers from the world of academia, politics, and literature.
Course Instrustor: Barbara Joans is a prominant cultural anthropologist, author, and director of the Merritt Museum of Anthropology. She is the retired Chair of the Anthropology Department of Merritt College. She has been featured on National Geographic TV and CNN.
Guest Lecturer: The first lecture will be presented by Alan Kaufman, founder of the Free University of San Francisco.
This series of classes is brought to the public by the Free University of San Francisco and the San Francisco Public Library's Park Branch.
- Cheddar: America's Most Iconic Cheese
- Wednesday, June 29, 2016, 6:00 pmAnza, Anza Meeting Room
- Epigenetics --- A Closer Look at Genes and Environment
- Sunday, July 10, 2016, 1:00 pmMain Library, Latino/Hispanic Rms A & B
- Stepping Forward
- Sunday, July 17, 2016, 1:00 pmMain Library, Koret Auditorium