This examination of the revolutionary and countercultural movements of the 1960s will also look at today's movements to see how, if at all, they compare. The course will feature prominant guests speakers from the world of academia, politics, and literature.
Course Instrustor: Barbara Joans is a prominant cultural anthropologist, author, and director of the Merritt Museum of Anthropology. She is the retired Chair of the Anthropology Department of Merritt College. She has been featured on National Geographic TV and CNN.
Guest Lecturer: The first lecture will be presented by Alan Kaufman, founder of the Free University of San Francisco.
This series of classes is brought to the public by the Free University of San Francisco and the San Francisco Public Library's Park Branch.
- Delicious Desserts: Alice Medrich speaks
- Tuesday, October 13, 2015, 3:00 pmMain Library, Koret Auditorium
- Slavery: Ancient Greece and Rome vs. the American South
- Wednesday, October 14, 2015, 7:00 pmMerced, Merced General Floor Area
- Between His Walking Words/Entre Sus Palabras Andantes
- Sunday, October 18, 2015, 3:00 pmMain Library, Latino/Hispanic Rms A & B