This examination of the revolutionary and countercultural movements of the 1960s will also look at today's movements to see how, if at all, they compare. The course will feature prominant guests speakers from the world of academia, politics, and literature.
Course Instrustor: Barbara Joans is a prominant cultural anthropologist, author, and director of the Merritt Museum of Anthropology. She is the retired Chair of the Anthropology Department of Merritt College. She has been featured on National Geographic TV and CNN.
Guest Lecturer: The first lecture will be presented by Alan Kaufman, founder of the Free University of San Francisco.
This series of classes is brought to the public by the Free University of San Francisco and the San Francisco Public Library's Park Branch.
- 4th Anniversary Merced Branch Library Open House
- Wednesday, May 20, 2015Merced, Merced General Floor Area
- Author talk with Shohreh Aghdashloo
- Thursday, May 21, 2015Potrero, Potrero Meeting Room
- Open Books: Francisco Xavier Alarcόn
- Tuesday, May 26, 2015Main Library, Koret Auditorium