Looking for the literary love of your life? Too old for the singles bar scene? No longer into disco? Book lovers could meet their next love at the San Francisco Public Library. The dating events are aimed at adult Baby Boomers, although all ages are welcome to attend.
In classic speed dating style, you will have five minutes to talk with every participant about your favorite, most loathsome, perplexing or intriguing book and have the opportunity to potentially meet your next sweetheart. Due to space limitations, each event is limited to 36 participants.
Join us Aug. 2 for LGBT dating (same gender) or Aug. 9 for straight dating (opposite gender). Pre-registration is required. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to sign up. Both events will be gender balanced as much as possible. We encourage participants to arrive early as “no shows” or those who arrive late will forfeit their place on the registration list to those on the wait list. And don’t forget to bring your favorite book!
This is a Wise Up! program for learning and living well at any age.
- Constance Fenimore Woolson: She-Novelist in Venice
- Wednesday, March 29, 2017, 7:00 pmMerced, Merced General Floor Area
- Thursdays at Noon Films: Postcards from the Edge
- Thursday, March 30, 2017, 12:00 pmMain Library, Koret Auditorium
- Santa Fe Voices: Poems of New Mexico
- Saturday, April 1, 2017, 2:00 pmMerced, Merced General Floor Area
- Wednesday Afternoon Tai Chi with Patrick Lau
- Wednesday, March 29, 2017, 1:30 pmPresidio, Presidio Meeting Room
- CANCELLED-Google Docs: Demystified
- Wednesday, March 29, 2017, 6:00 pmMain Library, 5th Floor Computer Training Ctr.
- Tablet Basics
- Thursday, March 30, 2017, 2:00 pmChinatown, Chinatown Computer Lab