In Reinventing Discovery: The New Era of Networked Science, Michael Nielsen argues that we are living at the dawn of the most dramatic change in science in more than 300 years. This change is being driven by powerful new cognitive tools, enabled by the internet, which are greatly accelerating scientific discovery. There are many books about how the internet is changing business or the workplace or government. But this is the first book about something much more fundamental: how the internet is transforming the nature of our collective intelligence and how we understand the world. A book sale by Readers book store follows the event.
- Delicious Desserts: Alice Medrich speaks
- Tuesday, October 13, 2015, 3:00 pmMain Library, Koret Auditorium
- Slavery: Ancient Greece and Rome vs. the American South
- Wednesday, October 14, 2015, 7:00 pmMerced, Merced General Floor Area
- Between His Walking Words/Entre Sus Palabras Andantes
- Sunday, October 18, 2015, 3:00 pmMain Library, Latino/Hispanic Rms A & B