In Reinventing Discovery: The New Era of Networked Science, Michael Nielsen argues that we are living at the dawn of the most dramatic change in science in more than 300 years. This change is being driven by powerful new cognitive tools, enabled by the internet, which are greatly accelerating scientific discovery. There are many books about how the internet is changing business or the workplace or government. But this is the first book about something much more fundamental: how the internet is transforming the nature of our collective intelligence and how we understand the world. A book sale by Readers book store follows the event.
- Cervantes Lives!
- Saturday, September 10, 2016, 3:00 pmMain Library, Koret Auditorium
- Talk by Mr. Wang Meng : My 16-Year Exile in Xinjiang
- Tuesday, September 13, 2016, 2:00 pmMain Library, Koret Auditorium
- San Francisco Neon Authors Talk
- Thursday, September 22, 2016, 6:00 pmMain Library, Latino/Hispanic Rms A & B