Exhibition presents the musical contributions of U.S. Latinos from the 1940s to the present, exploring the social history and individual creativity that produced stars like Tito Puente, Ritchie Valens, Celia Cruz, Carlos Santana and Selena. “American Sabor” was created by Experience Music Project and organized for travel by the Smithsonian Institution Traveling Exhibition Service. The exhibition, its national tour and related programs are made possible by Ford Motor Company Fund.
Learn more about the exhibition, listen to interviews with renowned Latin musicians, develop your own playlist and read about the opening Library program with the John Santos Sextet on the Sabor blog at: www.americansabor.org.
Exhibition Guided Tours by Volunteer Docents
- Wednesday, October 12 at 1:30 p.m.
- Saturday, October 15 at 10:30 a.m. (Spanish-language only)
- Saturday, October 15 at 2:30 p.m.
- Wednesday October 19 at 10:30 a.m.
- Saturday, October 22 at 10:30 a.m.
- Wednesday, October 26 at 1:30 p.m.
- Pre-register at: email@example.com
Audio: Architecture of Sound panel discussion
September 20, 2011, Koret Auditorium