The exhibition tells the story of the San Francisco Symphony and its role within and impact on its city, from its formative years following the 1906 earthquake to its present position as one of the country’s most respected orchestras.
Historic objects and documents drawn from the Symphony’s archival collections will be on view and include photos, concert posters, programs, and more-most exhibited for the first time.
Music for a City, Music for the World is based on the book of the same title, a Symphony history by Larry Rothe, published by Chronicle Books. A copy will be on view in the exhibition and available for purchase at Readers Bookstore at the Main.
- 2014 - 2015 Opera Preview Lecture
- Wednesday, September 3, 2014Main Library, Koret Auditorium
- Potrero Hill Flute Ensemble
- Saturday, September 6, 2014Potrero, Potrero Meeting Room
- Zumba Basics
- Wednesday, September 10, 2014Sunset, Sunset Children's Area
*Funded by Friends of the San Francisco Public Library.