The exhibition tells the story of the San Francisco Symphony and its role within and impact on its city, from its formative years following the 1906 earthquake to its present position as one of the country’s most respected orchestras.
Historic objects and documents drawn from the Symphony’s archival collections will be on view and include photos, concert posters, programs, and more-most exhibited for the first time.
Music for a City, Music for the World is based on the book of the same title, a Symphony history by Larry Rothe, published by Chronicle Books. A copy will be on view in the exhibition and available for purchase at Readers Bookstore at the Main.
- CANCELLED Everything in Pen: Songs About Books
- Thursday, August 21, 2014Potrero, Potrero Meeting Room
- 2014 - 2015 Opera Preview Lecture
- Wednesday, August 27, 2014Main Library, Koret Auditorium
- Opera for the People
- Sunday, August 31, 2014Noe Valley/Sally Brunn, Noe Valley Meeting Room
*Funded by Friends of the San Francisco Public Library.