The exhibition tells the story of the San Francisco Symphony and its role within and impact on its city, from its formative years following the 1906 earthquake to its present position as one of the country’s most respected orchestras.
Historic objects and documents drawn from the Symphony’s archival collections will be on view and include photos, concert posters, programs, and more-most exhibited for the first time.
Music for a City, Music for the World is based on the book of the same title, a Symphony history by Larry Rothe, published by Chronicle Books. A copy will be on view in the exhibition and available for purchase at Readers Bookstore at the Main.
- Movie for Families
- Sábado 25 de Octubre de 2014Ingleside, Ingleside: Sala de Reuniones
- Merola Goes to the Movies: Carmen
- Domingo 26 de Octubre de 2014Biblioteca Central, Auditorio Koret
- Music and Movement with Charity Kahn
- Martes 28 de Octubre de 2014Anza, Anza: Sala de Reuniones
*Patrocinado por los Amigos de la Biblioteca Pública de San Francisco.