The exhibition tells the story of the San Francisco Symphony and its role within and impact on its city, from its formative years following the 1906 earthquake to its present position as one of the country’s most respected orchestras.
Historic objects and documents drawn from the Symphony’s archival collections will be on view and include photos, concert posters, programs, and more-most exhibited for the first time.
Music for a City, Music for the World is based on the book of the same title, a Symphony history by Larry Rothe, published by Chronicle Books. A copy will be on view in the exhibition and available for purchase at Readers Bookstore at the Main.
- Crossroads Irish-American Festival Hour
- 星期六, 2015年3月7日Main 總圖書館, 兒童故事室 - 二樓
- Russian Kaleidoscope - Russian, Ukrainian and Gypsy Music
- 星期六, 2015年3月7日Western Addition 分館, Western Addition 分館會議室
- Bernal Jazz Quartet
- 星期三, 2015年3月11日Bernal Heights 分館, Bernal Heights 分館會議室