The exhibition tells the story of the San Francisco Symphony and its role within and impact on its city, from its formative years following the 1906 earthquake to its present position as one of the country’s most respected orchestras.
Historic objects and documents drawn from the Symphony’s archival collections will be on view and include photos, concert posters, programs, and more-most exhibited for the first time.
Music for a City, Music for the World is based on the book of the same title, a Symphony history by Larry Rothe, published by Chronicle Books. A copy will be on view in the exhibition and available for purchase at Readers Bookstore at the Main.
- Sidewalk Poetry & Music with Mission MAPP
- 星期六, 2015年4月4日Mission 分館, Mission 公眾範圍
- Bernal Jazz Quartet
- 星期三, 2015年4月8日Bernal Heights 分館, Bernal Heights 分館會議室
- Opera for the People Lecture Series
- 星期日, 2015年4月26日Noe Valley 分館, Noe Valley 分館會議室