The exhibition tells the story of the San Francisco Symphony and its role within and impact on its city, from its formative years following the 1906 earthquake to its present position as one of the country’s most respected orchestras.
Historic objects and documents drawn from the Symphony’s archival collections will be on view and include photos, concert posters, programs, and more-most exhibited for the first time.
Music for a City, Music for the World is based on the book of the same title, a Symphony history by Larry Rothe, published by Chronicle Books. A copy will be on view in the exhibition and available for purchase at Readers Bookstore at the Main.
- Parent-Child Interactions
- 星期四, 2016年9月1日, 10:00 amWestern Addition 分館, Western Addition 分館會議室
- Musical Outdoor Storytime
- 星期二, 2016年9月6日, 10:30 am
- The Great American Folksong Revival
- 星期三, 2016年9月7日, 7:00 pmMerced 分館, Merced 公眾範圍