The exhibition tells the story of the San Francisco Symphony and its role within and impact on its city, from its formative years following the 1906 earthquake to its present position as one of the country’s most respected orchestras.
Historic objects and documents drawn from the Symphony’s archival collections will be on view and include photos, concert posters, programs, and more-most exhibited for the first time.
Music for a City, Music for the World is based on the book of the same title, a Symphony history by Larry Rothe, published by Chronicle Books. A copy will be on view in the exhibition and available for purchase at Readers Bookstore at the Main.
- Live Music! Gypsy Jazz Duets
- 星期六, 2017年3月25日, 1:00 pmChinatown 華埠分館, 華埠分館會議室
- Library for The Blind and Print Disabled Talent Show
- 星期六, 2017年3月25日, 2:00 pmMain 總圖書館, 圖書館殘疾人展覽中心
- Classical Guitar Performance
- 星期六, 2017年3月25日, 4:00 pmMain 總圖書館, Steve Silver 音樂中心