Join Paraguayan harp maestro Carlos Reyes as he showcases the many faces of traditional harps in Latin America. Born in Paraguay where the harp is the national instrument, Carlos immigrated with his family to America where he was exposed to a variety of musical styles such as rock and jazz.
Over the years, Carlos has developed his unique Latin-Jazz style—playing major concert halls around the world. Join Carlos as he talks about the important role of the harp in Latin America and demonstrates some of the new paths the harp has taken.
- Musical Outdoor Storytime
- Tuesday, September 1, 2015, 10:30 am
- New Homes New Beginnings
- Wednesday, September 9, 2015, 1:00 pmMission, Mission Children's Area
- Bernal Jazz Quartet
- Wednesday, September 9, 2015, 6:30 pmBernal Heights, Bernal Heights Meeting Room
- Queso Fresco Workshop
- Tuesday, September 15, 2015, 7:00 pmEureka Valley, Eureka Valley General Floor Area
- Repujado: Tin Art
- Thursday, September 17, 2015, 3:00 pmBernal Heights, Bernal Heights Meeting Room
- Sabor a Salsa!
- Friday, September 18, 2015, 3:30 pmMission, Mission General Floor Area