Join Paraguayan harp maestro Carlos Reyes as he showcases the many faces of traditional harps in Latin America. Born in Paraguay where the harp is the national instrument, Carlos immigrated with his family to America where he was exposed to a variety of musical styles such as rock and jazz.
Over the years, Carlos has developed his unique Latin-Jazz style—playing major concert halls around the world. Join Carlos as he talks about the important role of the harp in Latin America and demonstrates some of the new paths the harp has taken.
This program is part of VIVA, the library’s celebration of National Hispanic Heritage Month, which takes place every year from September 15 – October 15.
- Music with Miguel and Susan Govea.
- Tuesday, September 2, 2014Marina, Marina Childrens' Area
- 2014 - 2015 Opera Preview Lecture
- Wednesday, September 3, 2014Main Library, Koret Auditorium
- Tertulias Literarias
- Wednesday, September 3, 2014
- Paper Flowers
- Tuesday, September 9, 2014Bernal Heights, Bernal Heights Meeting Room
- Papel Picado Banners!
- Tuesday, September 23, 2014Bernal Heights, Bernal Heights Meeting Room
- Destiny Arts-Capoira
- Tuesday, September 23, 2014Visitacion Valley, Visitacion Valley Meeting Room