Join Paraguayan harp maestro Carlos Reyes as he showcases the many faces of traditional harps in Latin America. Born in Paraguay where the harp is the national instrument, Carlos immigrated with his family to America where he was exposed to a variety of musical styles such as rock and jazz.
Over the years, Carlos has developed his unique Latin-Jazz style—playing major concert halls around the world. Join Carlos as he talks about the important role of the harp in Latin America and demonstrates some of the new paths the harp has taken.
This program is part of ¡VIVA!, the library’s celebration of National Hispanic Heritage Month, which takes place every year from September 15 – October 15.
- 2014 - 2015 Opera Preview Lecture
- Wednesday, October 1, 2014Main Library, Koret Auditorium
- Sticky Fingers: DIY Duct Tape Crafts
- Wednesday, October 1, 2014Bayview, Bayview Meeting Room
- Chocolate Tasting
- Wednesday, October 1, 2014Main Library, Children's Center