A lecture –demonstration on the Harp in Latin America
Join Paraguayan harp maestro Carlos Reyes as he showcases the many faces of traditional harps in Latin America. Born in Paraguay where the harp is the national instrument, Carlos immigrated with his family to America where he was exposed to a variety of musical styles such as rock and jazz.
Over the years, Carlos has developed his unique Latin-Jazz style—playing major concert halls around the world. Join Carlos as he talks about the important role of the harp in Latin America and demonstrates some of the new paths the harp has taken.
Este programa es parte de VIVA, la celebración bibliotecaria del Mes Nacional de la Herencia Hispana, que se celebra todos los años del 15 de septiembre al 15 de octubre.
- Movie for Families
- Sábado 25 de Octubre de 2014Ingleside, Ingleside: Sala de Reuniones
- Merola Goes to the Movies: Carmen
- Domingo 26 de Octubre de 2014Biblioteca Central, Auditorio Koret
- Music and Movement with Charity Kahn
- Martes 28 de Octubre de 2014Anza, Anza: Sala de Reuniones