A lecture –demonstration on the Harp in Latin America
Join Paraguayan harp maestro Carlos Reyes as he showcases the many faces of traditional harps in Latin America. Born in Paraguay where the harp is the national instrument, Carlos immigrated with his family to America where he was exposed to a variety of musical styles such as rock and jazz.
Over the years, Carlos has developed his unique Latin-Jazz style—playing major concert halls around the world. Join Carlos as he talks about the important role of the harp in Latin America and demonstrates some of the new paths the harp has taken.
- 2016 - 2017 Opera Preview Lecture
- Martes 30 de Agosto de 2016, 12:00 pmBiblioteca Central, Auditorio Koret
- Isabel Allende's The House of the Spirits
- Jueves 1 de Septiembre de 2016, 6:30 pmChinatown, Chinatown: Sala de Reuniones
- House of the Spirits
- Sábado 3 de Septiembre de 2016, 2:00 pmChinatown, Chinatown: Sala de Reuniones