Robert Henry Johnson's Sixty Million Plus Theater presents the second annual Post Afric Highways, a play reading series which features African American dramatists who use the experimental form.
Ronald J. Pringle's THE FINGER MEAL, directed by Robert Henry Johnson.
Set in a mythical wasteland where dust is the only scenic view for miles,
an elderly black man works as a cook in a restaurant, and dreams of leaving his abusive employer.
When a young rebellious black man enters the scene, the ways of the Old South are turned upside down, and a mysterious veiled woman brings tragedy to this eccentric world where customers who dine in the dust-filled eatery are forced to eat with their fingers like savages.
- Natalie Baszile Book Talk and Discussion
- Thursday, October 8, 2015, 6:00 pmBayview, Bayview Meeting Room
- African American Geneology
- Saturday, October 10, 2015, 12:00 pmMain Library, Computer Training Ctr. 5th Floor
- Delicious Desserts: Alice Medrich speaks
- Tuesday, October 13, 2015, 2:30 pmMain Library, Koret Auditorium