Robert Henry Johnson's Sixty Million Plus Theater presents the second annual Post Afric Highways, a play reading series which features African American dramatists who use the experimental form.
Ronald J. Pringle's THE FINGER MEAL, directed by Robert Henry Johnson.
Set in a mythical wasteland where dust is the only scenic view for miles,
an elderly black man works as a cook in a restaurant, and dreams of leaving his abusive employer.
When a young rebellious black man enters the scene, the ways of the Old South are turned upside down, and a mysterious veiled woman brings tragedy to this eccentric world where customers who dine in the dust-filled eatery are forced to eat with their fingers like savages.
- Homophobia and the Black Church
- Thursday, July 24, 2014Main Library, Koret Auditorium
- Cool Gray City of Love: 49 Views of San Francisco
- Thursday, July 24, 2014Western Addition, Western Addition Meeting Room
- Point of Pride
- Saturday, July 26, 2014Bayview, Bayview Meeting Room