The African American Interest Committee of the San Francisco Public Library and One City One Book 2012 will present a Voter Empowerment Film Series on Saturday September 29, 2012.
The series will feature 3 prolific films:
Freedom on My Mind (1994) Showtime - 11:30a-1:15p
Nominated for an Academy Award, winner of both the American Historical Association and the Organization of American Historians awards for best documentary, this landmark film tells the story of the Mississippi freedom movement in the early 1960s when a handful of young activists changed history. Running time: 105 mins.
Chisolm ‘72 : Unbought and Unbossed (2004) Showtime - 1:30p-2:45p
In 1968, Shirley Chisholm becomes the first black woman elected to Congress. In 1972, she becomes the first black woman to run for president. Shunned by the political establishment, she's supported by a motley crew of blacks, feminists, and young voters. Their campaign-trail adventures are frenzied, fierce and fundamentally right on! Running time: 76 mins.
By The People: The Election of Barack Obama (2009) Showtime - 3p-5p
Millions saw history made as Barack Obama took the podium on election night. But few witnessed his unguarded moments in the hours and days before he greeted the nation - until now. Witness never before seen footage of Obama behind the scenes, as well as interviews and candid moments with family, senior campaign staff, volunteers, reporters, supporters and even opponents. Running time: 116 mins.
Más información en la página de Elecciones.
- Daniel Jose Older
- Martes 24 de Enero de 2017, 6:00 pmBiblioteca Central, Auditorio Koret
- Black History Month Scavenger Hunt
- Miércoles 1 de Febrero de 2017, 10:00 amBayview, Bayview: Área Principal
- I am Legend
- Miércoles 1 de Febrero de 2017, 3:15 pmChinatown, Chinatown: Sala de Reuniones
- Celebrating the diverse and beautiful world of Ashley Bryan
- Hasta Martes 28 de Febrero de 2017Biblioteca Central, Centro de Niños
- Envisioning the Classics with Color
- Hasta Jueves 2 de Marzo de 2017Biblioteca Central, Centro Africano Americano