Cory Doctorow's One City One Book 2013 selection Little Brother may already be five years old, but its "day after tomorrow" setting seems closer than ever to reality. From the Occupy protests to newly revealed government surveillance programs, the real-world San Francisco is starting to look more and more like Doctorow's version. But how close is it, really?
In this panel, held during Banned Books Week, tech policy experts, computer programmers, and crypto activists, including staff from the Electronic Frontier Foundation, will discuss some of the key elements and technologies described in the novel. Could the events Doctorow describes happen here? Have we already seen some of them happen?
今年的閱讀標題為Armistead Maupin的小說 《Tales of the City》。
- CANCELED - One City One Book Craft: Dream Catcher
- 星期二, 2014年9月30日North Beach 分館, North Beach分館
- Book Discussion : Tales of the City
- 星期二, 2014年9月30日Parkside 分館, Parkside 分館青少年室
- Thursdays @ Noon Film: The Wizard of Oz
- 星期四, 2014年10月2日Main 總圖書館, Koret 禮堂