Wonder Women explores the birth of the comic book superheroine in the 1940s to the blockbusters of today. It also examines how popular representations of powerful women often reflect society's axieties about women's liberation. A panel discussion with director Kristy Guevara-Flanagan, comic book artist and herstorian Trina Robbins and Cartoon Art Museum curator Andrew Farago follows the film.
- Films for Adults - Arsenic and Old Lace (1944)
- Monday, October 20, 2014Golden Gate Valley, Golden Gate Valley Meeting Room
- Preschool Films
- Tuesday, October 21, 2014Western Addition, Western Addition Meeting Room
- Thursdays @ Noon Film: Blast from the Past
- Thursday, October 23, 2014Main Library, Koret Auditorium