Wonder Women explores the birth of the comic book superheroine in the 1940s to the blockbusters of today. It also examines how popular representations of powerful women often reflect society's axieties about women's liberation. A panel discussion with director Kristy Guevara-Flanagan, comic book artist and herstorian Trina Robbins and Cartoon Art Museum curator Andrew Farago follows the film.
This is a Films & Videos program from SFPL. From feature films to youth-made videos, we’ve got something great to watch.
- Beyond "Film Noir"
- Tuesday, August 30, 2016, 6:30 pmBernal Heights, Bernal Heights Meeting Room
- Thursdays at Noon films - Torn Curtain
- Thursday, September 1, 2016, 12:00 pmMain Library, Koret Auditorium
- First Thursday Movies @ Excelsior
- Thursday, September 1, 2016, 6:30 pmExcelsior, Excelsior Meeting Room