Christopher Haanes, a Norwegian calligrapher, typographer, and graphic artist, presents an illustrated talk about his career in the lettering arts. Haanes studied calligraphy in England at the Roehampton Institute under Ann Camp and was elected a Fellow of London's prestigious Society of Scribes and Illuminators (1989). He lives in Oslo, Norway and works as a freelance calligrapher, book designer, graphic designer and teacher. His work appears in many publications, and he is currently writing a handbook on calligraphy as well as branching out into font design.
This program is presented by the Marjorie G. & Carl W. Stern Book Arts & Special Collections Center in association with the Friends of Calligraphy. Supported by Friends of the San Francisco Public Library.
All programs at the Library are free.
- CANCELLED--Myths and Blackholes in Dog Behavior
- Saturday, April 26, 2014Sunset, Sunset Children's Area
- Managing Your Money
- Thursday, May 15, 2014Ocean View, Ocean View Meeting Room
- The Evolving Chinese Dress, 1909-1973
- Thursday, May 15, 2014West Portal, West Portal Children's Area