Start your Cinco de Mayo festivities early! A truly popular art form, the glamorous paintings of Mexican calendar girls have a long and fascinating history—as advertisements, promotional gifts, and emblems of Mexican cultural heritage and pride. Program will include a brief film on the subject, and a lecture by guest speaker Angela Villalba, author of Mexican calendar girls : golden age of calendar art, 1930-1960.
- Open Books: Alev Croutier
- Wednesday, February 4, 2015Main Library, Latino/Hispanic Rms A & B
- Tertulias Literarias
- Wednesday, February 4, 2015
- Christopher L. Webber: American to the Backbone
- Saturday, February 7, 2015Ocean View, Ocean View Meeting Room
*Funded by Friends of the San Francisco Public Library.