Start your Cinco de Mayo festivities early! A truly popular art form, the glamorous paintings of Mexican calendar girls have a long and fascinating history—as advertisements, promotional gifts, and emblems of Mexican cultural heritage and pride. Program will include a brief film on the subject, and a lecture by guest speaker Angela Villalba, author of Mexican calendar girls : golden age of calendar art, 1930-1960.
- Toba Singer and Jose Manuel Carreno
- Tuesday, April 28, 2015Main Library, Latino/Hispanic Rms A & B
- On the Same Page: Daniel Alarcón
- Tuesday, April 28, 2015Main Library, Koret Auditorium
- Legendary Locals of the Sunset: Lorri Ungaretti
- Saturday, May 2, 2015Ortega, Ortega Meeting Room
*Funded by Friends of the San Francisco Public Library.