Start your Cinco de Mayo festivities early! A truly popular art form, the glamorous paintings of Mexican calendar girls have a long and fascinating history—as advertisements, promotional gifts, and emblems of Mexican cultural heritage and pride. Program will include a brief film on the subject, and a lecture by guest speaker Angela Villalba, author of Mexican calendar girls : golden age of calendar art, 1930-1960.
- Writing To Be Read: Strategies for Maximizing Impact
- Wednesday, May 4, 2016, 6:00 pmMain Library, Latino/Hispanic Rms A & B
- Tertulias Literarias
- Wednesday, May 4, 2016, 7:00 pm
- San Francisco's Chinatown, Then & Now
- Saturday, May 7, 2016, 11:00 amMain Library, Latino/Hispanic Rms A & B
*Funded by Friends of the San Francisco Public Library.