Over 100,000 people of Japanese ancestry were held in ten remote camps beginning in 1942. Two-thirds of those displaced were American citizens. Not charged or convicted of any crime, they were incarcerated for up to three years in prison camps surrounded by barbed wire and guarded by armed men.
Topaz: Artists in Internment will feature artworks created during internment at the Topaz Camp near Delta, Utah, on loan from the Topaz Museum.
- Children's Day Japanese Tea Ceremony
- Domingo 3 de Mayo de 2015Western Addition, Western Addition: Sala de Reuniones
- Alvin Ho Read-Aloud Book Club
- Lunes 4 de Mayo de 2015Visitacion Valley, Visitacion Valley: Sala de Reuniones
- Preschool Yoga Storytime!
- Martes 5 de Mayo de 2015Western Addition, Western Addition: Sala de Reuniones
- Qigong Healing: Sound, Energy, & Color
- Martes 5 de Mayo de 2015West Portal, West Portal: Área Juvenil
- Tai Chi Thursdays!
- Jueves 7 de Mayo de 2015Bernal Heights, Bernal Heights: Sala de Reuniones
- Thai Cooking Demonstration
- Sábado 9 de Mayo de 2015Bernal Heights, Bernal Heights: Sala de Reuniones