Over 100,000 people of Japanese ancestry were held in ten remote camps beginning in 1942. Two-thirds of those displaced were American citizens. Not charged or convicted of any crime, they were incarcerated for up to three years in prison camps surrounded by barbed wire and guarded by armed men.
Topaz: Artists in Internment will feature artworks created during internment at the Topaz Camp near Delta, Utah, on loan from the Topaz Museum.
- At Home In Exile
- Miércoles 25 de Enero de 2017, 7:00 pmMerced, Merced: Área Principal
- Lunar New Year Movie: The Karate Kid
- Sábado 28 de Enero de 2017, 2:30 pmPark, Park: Sala de Reuniones
- The Worlds of Bernice Bing
- Sábado 11 de Febrero de 2017, 2:00 pmBiblioteca Central, Sala Latino/Hispana A & B