Join us for the annual Crossroads Irish-American Festival. Viney Keehand and Friends will kick off the event at 1:00 with Irish music. It will be followed by the US premiere of the film, Nights in Shanaglish, a film about the making of a unique multi-media music album at Whelan's Pub in the South Galway village of Shanaglish. Nights in Shanaglish, directed and produced by Vincey Keehan of San Francisco (formerly of Shanaglish) and Paddy Egan. The film features song, music, story and dance documented during a series of recordings in Whelan's Pub in Shanaglish and is captured in a CD, DVD and old-style vinyl album. The film, created by documentary filmmaker Fergus Tighe (The Clash of the Ash), shows the connection between performers, pub owner, local characters, and the surrounding South Galway area. Footage of local landscape and historical lore provide a backdrop to these multimedia recordings. Q&A to follow with Vincey Keehan.
- Delicious Desserts: Alice Medrich speaks
- 星期二, 2015年10月13日, 2:30 pmMain 總圖書館, Koret 禮堂
- Slavery: Ancient Greece and Rome vs. the American South
- 星期三, 2015年10月14日, 7:00 pmMerced 分館, Merced 公眾範圍
- Between His Walking Words/Entre Sus Palabras Andantes
- 星期日, 2015年10月18日, 3:00 pmMain 總圖書館, Latino/Hispanic 會議室 A 和 B