Join us when author Gail Tsukiyama reads and discusses her new novel A Hundred Flowers. This novel takes place in China in 1957 when Chairman Mao has declared a new openness in society. Sheng has promised not to jeopardize the safety of his family by speaking about his political beliefs. But one morning he is arrested for writing a letter criticizing the Communist Party and sent to a labor camp for reeducation. His wife Kai Ying and his son Tao stay behind trying to live a normal life and wait for his return when Sheng’s father Wei reveals a devastating secret which leads to his journey to find his son. A book sale by Readers Books follows the event.
- Santa Fe Voices: Poems of New Mexico
- Sábado 1 de Abril de 2017, 2:00 pmMerced, Merced: Área Principal
- National Poetry Month Local Poets Showcase
- Miércoles 5 de Abril de 2017, 6:00 pmBiblioteca Central, Auditorio Koret
- Down and Out in the New Economy: How People Find (or Don't Find) Work Today
- Jueves 6 de Abril de 2017, 6:00 pmBiblioteca Central, Centro de Alfabetización: Computadoras