Join us when author Gail Tsukiyama reads and discusses her new novel A Hundred Flowers. This novel takes place in China in 1957 when Chairman Mao has declared a new openness in society. Sheng has promised not to jeopardize the safety of his family by speaking about his political beliefs. But one morning he is arrested for writing a letter criticizing the Communist Party and sent to a labor camp for reeducation. His wife Kai Ying and his son Tao stay behind trying to live a normal life and wait for his return when Sheng’s father Wei reveals a devastating secret which leads to his journey to find his son. A book sale by Readers Books follows the event.
- The Life and Art of Vincent Van Gogh
- Jueves 20 de Octubre de 2016, 7:00 pmSunset, Sunset: Área Juvenil
- History of Food Coops: Shanta Sacharoff
- Sábado 22 de Octubre de 2016, 12:00 pmOrtega, Ortega: Sala de Reuniones
- Ghosts, Sinners & Secret Places
- Sábado 22 de Octubre de 2016, 2:30 pmPresidio , Presidio: Sala de Reuniones