Join us when author Gail Tsukiyama reads and discusses her new novel A Hundred Flowers. This novel takes place in China in 1957 when Chairman Mao has declared a new openness in society. Sheng has promised not to jeopardize the safety of his family by speaking about his political beliefs. But one morning he is arrested for writing a letter criticizing the Communist Party and sent to a labor camp for reeducation. His wife Kai Ying and his son Tao stay behind trying to live a normal life and wait for his return when Sheng’s father Wei reveals a devastating secret which leads to his journey to find his son. A book sale by Readers Books follows the event.
- Growing Up in San Francisco's Western Neighborhoods
- Miércoles 5 de Agosto de 2015, 7:00 pmMerced, Merced: Área Principal
- Growing Up in San Francisco’s Western Neighborhoods
- Jueves 6 de Agosto de 2015, 7:00 pmSunset, Sunset: Área Juvenil
- Growing up in San Francisco's Western Neighborhoods
- Sábado 8 de Agosto de 2015, 3:00 pmAnza, Anza: Sala de Reuniones