Join us when author Gail Tsukiyama reads and discusses her new novel A Hundred Flowers. This novel takes place in China in 1957 when Chairman Mao has declared a new openness in society. Sheng has promised not to jeopardize the safety of his family by speaking about his political beliefs. But one morning he is arrested for writing a letter criticizing the Communist Party and sent to a labor camp for reeducation. His wife Kai Ying and his son Tao stay behind trying to live a normal life and wait for his return when Sheng’s father Wei reveals a devastating secret which leads to his journey to find his son. A book sale by Readers Books follows the event.
- At Home In Exile
- Miércoles 25 de Enero de 2017, 7:00 pmMerced, Merced: Área Principal
- Scandinavian Crime Thrillers Today
- Miércoles 1 de Febrero de 2017, 6:00 pmBiblioteca Central, Sala Latino/Hispana A & B
- Author Event - Matt Richtel
- Sábado 4 de Febrero de 2017, 11:00 amWest Portal, West Portal: Área Juvenil