Join us when author Gail Tsukiyama reads and discusses her new novel A Hundred Flowers. This novel takes place in China in 1957 when Chairman Mao has declared a new openness in society. Sheng has promised not to jeopardize the safety of his family by speaking about his political beliefs. But one morning he is arrested for writing a letter criticizing the Communist Party and sent to a labor camp for reeducation. His wife Kai Ying and his son Tao stay behind trying to live a normal life and wait for his return when Sheng’s father Wei reveals a devastating secret which leads to his journey to find his son. A book sale by Readers Books follows the event.
- Growing Up in San Francisco's Western Neighborhoods
- 星期三, 2015年8月5日, 7:00 pmMerced 分館, Merced 公眾範圍
- Growing Up in San Francisco’s Western Neighborhoods
- 星期四, 2015年8月6日, 7:00 pmSunset 分館, 日落區分館兒童室
- Growing up in San Francisco's Western Neighborhoods
- 星期六, 2015年8月8日, 3:00 pmAnza 分館 , Anza分館會議室