Join us when author Gail Tsukiyama reads and discusses her new novel A Hundred Flowers. This novel takes place in China in 1957 when Chairman Mao has declared a new openness in society. Sheng has promised not to jeopardize the safety of his family by speaking about his political beliefs. But one morning he is arrested for writing a letter criticizing the Communist Party and sent to a labor camp for reeducation. His wife Kai Ying and his son Tao stay behind trying to live a normal life and wait for his return when Sheng’s father Wei reveals a devastating secret which leads to his journey to find his son. A book sale by Readers Books follows the event.
- Delicious Desserts: Alice Medrich speaks
- 星期二, 2015年10月13日, 2:30 pmMain 總圖書館, Koret 禮堂
- Slavery: Ancient Greece and Rome vs. the American South
- 星期三, 2015年10月14日, 7:00 pmMerced 分館, Merced 公眾範圍
- Between His Walking Words/Entre Sus Palabras Andantes
- 星期日, 2015年10月18日, 3:00 pmMain 總圖書館, Latino/Hispanic 會議室 A 和 B