Julia Morgan designed over 700 buildings in California and beyond during her nearly fifty year career, but San Francisco is uniquely suited to explore the secrets of her early success and breadth of her legacy. Join us when historian Karen McNeill, takes us on a virtual tour of Julia Morgan's work. This illustrated talk will begin on the Northwest corner of Sacramento and Van Ness and end on Clay Street in Chinatown, unveiling some obstacles and triumphs of California's first woman architect as well as the complex dynamics of organized womanhood during the progressive era.
- Growing Up in San Francisco's Western Neighborhoods
- Wednesday, August 5, 2015, 7:00 pmMerced, Merced General Floor Area
- Growing Up in San Francisco’s Western Neighborhoods
- Thursday, August 6, 2015, 7:00 pmSunset, Sunset Children's Area
- Growing up in San Francisco's Western Neighborhoods
- Saturday, August 8, 2015, 3:00 pmAnza, Anza Meeting Room