Julia Morgan designed over 700 buildings in California and beyond during her nearly fifty year career, but San Francisco is uniquely suited to explore the secrets of her early success and breadth of her legacy. Join us when historian Karen McNeill, takes us on a virtual tour of Julia Morgan's work. This illustrated talk will begin on the Northwest corner of Sacramento and Van Ness and end on Clay Street in Chinatown, unveiling some obstacles and triumphs of California's first woman architect as well as the complex dynamics of organized womanhood during the progressive era.
- RADAR Presents Reading + Launch Party:
- Jueves 4 de Septiembre de 2014Biblioteca Central, Sala Latino/Hispana A & B
- Across the African Diaspora: Islam and Sexuality
- Sábado 13 de Septiembre de 2014Biblioteca Central, Auditorio Koret
- Poetry Reading by Chun Yu
- Sábado 27 de Septiembre de 2014Chinatown/Him Mark Lai, Chinatown: Sala de Reuniones