Julia Morgan designed over 700 buildings in California and beyond during her nearly fifty year career, but San Francisco is uniquely suited to explore the secrets of her early success and breadth of her legacy. Join us when historian Karen McNeill, takes us on a virtual tour of Julia Morgan's work. This illustrated talk will begin on the Northwest corner of Sacramento and Van Ness and end on Clay Street in Chinatown, unveiling some obstacles and triumphs of California's first woman architect as well as the complex dynamics of organized womanhood during the progressive era.
- Delicious Desserts: Alice Medrich speaks
- 星期二, 2015年10月13日, 3:00 pmMain 總圖書館, Koret 禮堂
- Slavery: Ancient Greece and Rome vs. the American South
- 星期三, 2015年10月14日, 7:00 pmMerced 分館, Merced 公眾範圍
- Between His Walking Words/Entre Sus Palabras Andantes
- 星期日, 2015年10月18日, 3:00 pmMain 總圖書館, Latino/Hispanic 會議室 A 和 B