This documentary is the first big-picture exploration of the environmental movement – grassroots and global activism spanning fifty years from conservation to climate change. From halting dams in the Grand Canyon to battling 20,000 tons of toxic waste at Love Canal; from Greenpeace saving the whales to Chico Mendes and the rubber tappers saving the Amazon; from climate change to the promise of transforming our civilization, the film tells vivid stories about people fighting – and succeeding – against enormous odds.
Directed and written by Mark Kitchell, and narrated by Robert
Redford, Meryl Streep, Ashley Judd, Van Jones and Isabel
Allende. 114 minutes. http://www.afiercegreenfire.com/
Discussion with Director Mark Kitchell following screening.
This is a Stegner Environmental Center, San Francisco Environment and San Francisco Green Film Festival Program. Funded by the Friends of the San Francisco Public Library.
This is a Green Stacks event.
This is a Films & Videos program from SFPL. From feature films to youth-made videos, we’ve got something great to watch.
- Middle East Heritage Movie
- Tuesday, September 27, 2016, 3:30 pmNorth Beach, North Beach Meeting Room
- The Kite Runner
- Tuesday, September 27, 2016, 4:00 pmPark, Park Meeting Room
- We The Voters: 20 Films to Watch Before You Vote
- Tuesday, September 27, 2016, 5:30 pmMain Library, Mix: Carpet Garden - 2nd Fl