This documentary is the first big-picture exploration of the environmental movement – grassroots and global activism spanning fifty years from conservation to climate change. From halting dams in the Grand Canyon to battling 20,000 tons of toxic waste at Love Canal; from Greenpeace saving the whales to Chico Mendes and the rubber tappers saving the Amazon; from climate change to the promise of transforming our civilization, the film tells vivid stories about people fighting – and succeeding – against enormous odds.
Directed and written by Mark Kitchell, and narrated by Robert
Redford, Meryl Streep, Ashley Judd, Van Jones and Isabel
Allende. 114 minutes. http://www.afiercegreenfire.com/
Discussion with Director Mark Kitchell following screening.
This is a Stegner Environmental Center, San Francisco Environment and San Francisco Green Film Festival Program. Funded by the Friends of the San Francisco Public Library.
Este es un evento de Ecología (Green Stacks).
- Film Screening of 42: The Jackie Robinson Story
- Miércoles 17 de Febrero de 2016, 5:30 pmMission Bay, Mission Bay Program Room
- Preschool Videos
- Jueves 18 de Febrero de 2016, 10:30 amSunset, Sunset: Área Juvenil
- Thursdays at Noon film series - Their Eyes were Watching God
- Jueves 18 de Febrero de 2016, 12:00 pmBiblioteca Central, Auditorio Koret