This documentary is the first big-picture exploration of the environmental movement – grassroots and global activism spanning fifty years from conservation to climate change. From halting dams in the Grand Canyon to battling 20,000 tons of toxic waste at Love Canal; from Greenpeace saving the whales to Chico Mendes and the rubber tappers saving the Amazon; from climate change to the promise of transforming our civilization, the film tells vivid stories about people fighting – and succeeding – against enormous odds.
Directed and written by Mark Kitchell, and narrated by Robert
Redford, Meryl Streep, Ashley Judd, Van Jones and Isabel
Allende. 114 minutes. http://www.afiercegreenfire.com/
Discussion with Director Mark Kitchell following screening.
This is a Stegner Environmental Center, San Francisco Environment and San Francisco Green Film Festival Program. Funded by the Friends of the San Francisco Public Library.
Este es un evento de Ecología (Green Stacks).
- Earthquake Preparedness
- Sábado 23 de Julio de 2016, 2:00 pmBiblioteca Central, Centro de Alfabetización: Computadoras
- Movie: Back to the future
- Domingo 24 de Julio de 2016, 2:00 pmPortola , Portola: Sala de Reuniones
- Films for Adults: Ministry of Fear
- Lunes 25 de Julio de 2016, 3:00 pmGolden Gate Valley, Golden Gate: Sala de Reuniones