Not In Our Town: Light in the Darkness documents the story of a town standing together to take action after a hate crime killing devastates their community. This documentary addresses the growing problem of anti-immigrant violence in communities nationwide. In 2008, a series of attacks by a group of seven local teenagers against Latino residents of the Long Island, New York town of Patchogue ended with the killing of 37-year-old Marcelo Lucero. An Ecuadorian immigrant, Lucero had been a Patchogue resident for 13 years. Filmed over a two-year period, the documentary follows Mayor Paul Pontieri, the victim’s brother Joselo Lucero, diverse community leaders, residents and students as they openly address the underlying causes of the violence, work to heal divisions and initiate ongoing action to ensure everyone in their village will be safe and respected. A panel discussion follows the film. This program is part of One City One Book, San Francisco Reads.
- Holiday Movie: The Polar Express
- Lunes 22 de Diciembre de 2014Bayview, Bayview: Sala de Reuniones
- Movie and Popcorn: Elf
- Martes 23 de Diciembre de 2014Ocean View, Ocean View: Sala de Reuniones
- Movie: The Muppet Christmas Carol
- Martes 23 de Diciembre de 2014Ortega, Ortega: Sala de Reuniones