Not In Our Town: Light in the Darkness documents the story of a town standing together to take action after a hate crime killing devastates their community. This documentary addresses the growing problem of anti-immigrant violence in communities nationwide. In 2008, a series of attacks by a group of seven local teenagers against Latino residents of the Long Island, New York town of Patchogue ended with the killing of 37-year-old Marcelo Lucero. An Ecuadorian immigrant, Lucero had been a Patchogue resident for 13 years. Filmed over a two-year period, the documentary follows Mayor Paul Pontieri, the victim’s brother Joselo Lucero, diverse community leaders, residents and students as they openly address the underlying causes of the violence, work to heal divisions and initiate ongoing action to ensure everyone in their village will be safe and respected. A panel discussion follows the film. This program is part of One City One Book, San Francisco Reads.
- Films for Adults: Captain Blood
- 星期一, 2015年10月5日, 3:00 pmGolden Gate Valley 分館, Golden Gate Valley 會議室
- Teen Movie: Drag Me to Hell
- 星期三, 2015年10月7日, 4:00 pmExcelsior 分館, Excelsior 分館會議室
- The Sound of Music Memories
- 星期三, 2015年10月7日, 5:00 pmIngleside 分館, Ingleside 分館會議室