Not In Our Town: Light in the Darkness documents the story of a town standing together to take action after a hate crime killing devastates their community. This documentary addresses the growing problem of anti-immigrant violence in communities nationwide. In 2008, a series of attacks by a group of seven local teenagers against Latino residents of the Long Island, New York town of Patchogue ended with the killing of 37-year-old Marcelo Lucero. An Ecuadorian immigrant, Lucero had been a Patchogue resident for 13 years. Filmed over a two-year period, the documentary follows Mayor Paul Pontieri, the victim’s brother Joselo Lucero, diverse community leaders, residents and students as they openly address the underlying causes of the violence, work to heal divisions and initiate ongoing action to ensure everyone in their village will be safe and respected. A panel discussion follows the film. This program is part of One City One Book, San Francisco Reads.
- Movie and a Meal -- Akeelah and the Bee (2006)
- 星期五, 2017年１月20日, 3:00 pmPotrero 分館, Potrero 分館會議室
- Intro to Manga with Karen Luk
- 星期六, 2017年１月21日, 2:00 pmPark 分館, Park 分館會議室
- Film: The Portrait of a Lady
- 星期六, 2017年１月21日, 2:00 pmChinatown 華埠分館, 華埠分館會議室