A favorite of library audiences for his uplifting renditions of popular American folksongs, Tim Holt performs and discusses our heritage of sea chanteys, whaling songs, traditional songs ("Shenandoah" and "The Erie Canal"), and Woody Guthrie’s Columbia River songs promoting public power. He includes an original song, "Sailing Down My Mountain Stream," adapted from a Pete Seeger song about cleaning up the Hudson River. Holt’s version focuses on his own vision for restoring wild salmon to the upper reaches of the Sacramento River. As always, Holt will encourage everyone to sing along.
- Charlie Hope!
- Thursday, April 17, 2014Main Library, Children's Storytelling Room
- Free Blood Pressure Testing
- Friday, April 18, 2014Parkside, Parkside Teen Area
- Aging & Disability Resource Center
- Friday, April 18, 2014Sunset, Sunset General Floor Area
- Basic Computer Classes for Seniors: The Internet
- Wednesday, April 16, 2014Ocean View, Ocean View Computer Lab
- Tai Chi for Health with Patrick Lau
- Wednesday, April 16, 2014Noe Valley/Sally Brunn, Noe Valley Meeting Room
- Tai Chi
- Wednesday, April 16, 2014Portola, Portola Meeting Room