A favorite of library audiences for his uplifting renditions of popular American folksongs, Tim Holt performs and discusses our heritage of sea chanteys, whaling songs, traditional songs ("Shenandoah" and "The Erie Canal"), and Woody Guthrie’s Columbia River songs promoting public power. He includes an original song, "Sailing Down My Mountain Stream," adapted from a Pete Seeger song about cleaning up the Hudson River. Holt’s version focuses on his own vision for restoring wild salmon to the upper reaches of the Sacramento River. As always, Holt will encourage everyone to sing along.
This is a Wise Up! program for learning and living well at any age.
- Musical Outdoor Storytime
- Tuesday, February 21, 2017, 10:30 am
- Aging and Disability Resource Center (ADRC)
- Tuesday, February 21, 2017, 1:30 pmChinatown, Chinatown General Floor Area
- Computer Help for Adults/Seniors
- Wednesday, February 22, 2017, 4:00 pmRichmond, Richmond Meeting Room
- CANCELLED-Book a Librarian in Russian
- Tuesday, February 21, 2017, 10:30 amMain Library, 5th Floor Computer Training Ctr.
- Workshop on Social Security
- Tuesday, February 21, 2017, 6:00 pmEureka Valley, Eureka Valley General Floor Area
- Wednesday Afternoon Tai Chi with Patrick Lau
- Wednesday, February 22, 2017, 1:30 pmPresidio, Presidio Meeting Room