A favorite of library audiences for his uplifting renditions of popular American folksongs, Tim Holt performs and discusses our heritage of sea chanteys, whaling songs, traditional songs ("Shenandoah" and "The Erie Canal"), and Woody Guthrie’s Columbia River songs promoting public power. He includes an original song, "Sailing Down My Mountain Stream," adapted from a Pete Seeger song about cleaning up the Hudson River. Holt’s version focuses on his own vision for restoring wild salmon to the upper reaches of the Sacramento River. As always, Holt will encourage everyone to sing along.
- CANCELED Computer Help for Adults/Seniors
- Sunday, July 24, 2016, 2:00 pmPortola, Portola General Floor Area
- OWL: Older Writers Laboratory
- Monday, July 25, 2016, 10:00 amBernal Heights, Bernal Heights Meeting Room
- Computer Help for Adults & Seniors
- Wednesday, July 27, 2016, 3:30 pmChinatown, Chinatown Computer Lab
- Computer Help for Adults/Seniors
- Sunday, July 24, 2016, 2:00 pmOrtega, Ortega Meeting Room
- Book a Librarian in Russian
- Tuesday, July 26, 2016, 10:30 amMain Library, 5th Floor Computer Training Ctr.
- Email 101
- Wednesday, July 27, 2016, 10:30 amSunset, Sunset Children's Area