A favorite of library audiences for his uplifting renditions of popular American folksongs, Tim Holt performs and discusses our heritage of sea chanteys, whaling songs, traditional songs ("Shenandoah" and "The Erie Canal"), and Woody Guthrie’s Columbia River songs promoting public power. He includes an original song, "Sailing Down My Mountain Stream," adapted from a Pete Seeger song about cleaning up the Hudson River. Holt’s version focuses on his own vision for restoring wild salmon to the upper reaches of the Sacramento River. As always, Holt will encourage everyone to sing along.
- Musical Outdoor Storytime
- Tuesday, January 17, 2017, 10:30 am
- Make your own Drum!
- Tuesday, January 17, 2017, 11:00 am
- Aging and Disability Resource Center (ADRC)
- Tuesday, January 17, 2017, 1:30 pmChinatown, Chinatown General Floor Area
- Book a Librarian in Russian
- Tuesday, January 17, 2017, 10:30 amMain Library, 5th Floor Computer Training Ctr.
- Wednesday Afternoon Tai Chi with Patrick Lau
- Wednesday, January 18, 2017, 1:30 pmPresidio, Presidio Meeting Room
- Microsoft Excel: Basic Skills
- Wednesday, January 18, 2017, 6:00 pmMain Library, 5th Floor Computer Training Ctr.