A favorite of library audiences for his uplifting renditions of popular American folksongs, Tim Holt performs and discusses our heritage of sea chanteys, whaling songs, traditional songs ("Shenandoah" and "The Erie Canal"), and Woody Guthrie’s Columbia River songs promoting public power. He includes an original song, "Sailing Down My Mountain Stream," adapted from a Pete Seeger song about cleaning up the Hudson River. Holt’s version focuses on his own vision for restoring wild salmon to the upper reaches of the Sacramento River. As always, Holt will encourage everyone to sing along.
- Computer Help for Adults/Seniors
- Friday, March 6, 2015Parkside, Parkside Teen's Area
- Crossroads Irish-American Festival Hour
- Saturday, March 7, 2015Main Library, Children's Storytelling Rm - 2nd Fl
- Russian Kaleidoscope - Russian, Ukrainian and Gypsy Music
- Saturday, March 7, 2015Western Addition, Western Addition Meeting Room