A favorite of library audiences for his uplifting renditions of popular American folksongs, Tim Holt performs and discusses our heritage of sea chanteys, whaling songs, traditional songs ("Shenandoah" and "The Erie Canal"), and Woody Guthrie’s Columbia River songs promoting public power. He includes an original song, "Sailing Down My Mountain Stream," adapted from a Pete Seeger song about cleaning up the Hudson River. Holt’s version focuses on his own vision for restoring wild salmon to the upper reaches of the Sacramento River. As always, Holt will encourage everyone to sing along.
- South Indian Classical Dance by Kalaikoil
- Saturday, May 23, 2015Western Addition, Western Addition General Floor Area
- 2014 - 2015 Opera Preview Lecture
- Wednesday, May 27, 2015Main Library, Koret Auditorium
- OWL: Older Writers Laboratory
- Monday, June 1, 2015Bernal Heights, Bernal Heights Meeting Room