A favorite of library audiences for his uplifting renditions of popular American folksongs, Tim Holt performs and discusses our heritage of sea chanteys, whaling songs, traditional songs ("Shenandoah" and "The Erie Canal"), and Woody Guthrie’s Columbia River songs promoting public power. He includes an original song, "Sailing Down My Mountain Stream," adapted from a Pete Seeger song about cleaning up the Hudson River. Holt’s version focuses on his own vision for restoring wild salmon to the upper reaches of the Sacramento River. As always, Holt will encourage everyone to sing along.
This is a Wise Up! program for learning and living well at any age.
- Musical Outdoor Storytime
- Tuesday, March 28, 2017, 10:30 am
- Music Night
- Wednesday, March 29, 2017, 7:00 pmPark, Park Meeting Room
- Constance Fenimore Woolson: She-Novelist in Venice
- Wednesday, March 29, 2017, 7:00 pmMerced, Merced General Floor Area
- Mac Computer: Basics
- Tuesday, March 28, 2017, 10:00 amMain Library, 5th Floor Computer Training Ctr.
- Wednesday Afternoon Tai Chi with Patrick Lau
- Wednesday, March 29, 2017, 1:30 pmPresidio, Presidio Meeting Room
- Google Docs: Demystified
- Wednesday, March 29, 2017, 6:00 pmMain Library, 5th Floor Computer Training Ctr.