A favorite of library audiences for his uplifting renditions of popular American folksongs, Tim Holt performs and discusses our heritage of sea chanteys, whaling songs, traditional songs ("Shenandoah" and "The Erie Canal"), and Woody Guthrie’s Columbia River songs promoting public power. He includes an original song, "Sailing Down My Mountain Stream," adapted from a Pete Seeger song about cleaning up the Hudson River. Holt’s version focuses on his own vision for restoring wild salmon to the upper reaches of the Sacramento River. As always, Holt will encourage everyone to sing along.
- 2015 - 2016 Opera Preview Lecture
- Tuesday, May 31, 2016, 12:00 pmMain Library, Koret Auditorium
- Six Roses
- Saturday, June 4, 2016, 3:30 pmWestern Addition, Western Addition General Floor Area
- OWL: Older Writers Laboratory
- Monday, June 6, 2016, 10:00 amBernal Heights, Bernal Heights Meeting Room
- Computer Help for Adults/Seniors
- Sunday, May 29, 2016, 2:00 pmOrtega, Ortega Meeting Room
- Book a Librarian in Russian
- Tuesday, May 31, 2016, 10:30 amMain Library, 5th Floor Computer Training Ctr.
- Wednesday Afternoon Tai Chi with Patrick Lau
- Wednesday, June 1, 2016, 1:30 pmPresidio, Presidio Meeting Room