The Spine of the Continent: The Most Ambitious Wildlife Conservation Project Ever Undertaken.
Join us for an evening with Mary Ellen Hannibal, the author of The Spine of the Continent, as she reads selections from her book and shows us stunning pictures of her journey.
As climate change encroaches, animals and plants around the globe are having their habitats pulled out from under them. At the same time, human development has made islands out of even our largest nature reserves, stranding the biodiversity that lives within them. The Spine of the Continent, introduces readers to the most ambitious conservation effort ever undertaken: to create linked protected areas extending from the Yukon to Mexico, the entire length of North America.
This book is about making physical connections so that nature will survive and making connections between people and the land we call home. In this fascinating and important book, Mary Ellen Hannibal travels the length of the Spine, sharing stories and anecdotes about the passionate, idiosyncratic people she meets along the way.
Please join us for an intimate evening presentation at the Koret Auditorium of the San Francisco Public Library - Main. A book signing will follow.
This is a Stegner Environmental Center Program.
Este es un evento de Ecología (Green Stacks).
- Energy-Efficiency Rebate Workshop
- Sábado 25 de Junio de 2016, 10:00 amNoe Valley, Noe Valley: Sala de Reuniones
- Author Discussion: Aloha Kahuna Soul
- Sábado 25 de Junio de 2016, 2:00 pmOcean View, Ocean View: Sala de Reuniones
- Cheddar: America's Most Iconic Cheese
- Miércoles 29 de Junio de 2016, 6:00 pmAnza, Anza: Sala de Reuniones