"The Future of the Book" panel discussion concludes three days of events marking the Book Club of California’s Centennial Symposium entitled “WAY OUT WEST: Fine Printing & the Cultural History of the Book in California.”
Join us for this auspicious opportunity to hear poet and scholar Robert Bringhurst, Internet Archive founder Brewster Kahle, fine-art printer Peter Koch, and Professor Harry Reese in conversation as we celebrate the book arts and pay tribute to one of San Franciso’s venerable cultural institutions.
The Book Club of California is a non-profit membership organization founded in 1912. It supports the art of fine printing through publications, research, public programs, and exhibitions. For more information about the Centennial Symposium and other Centennial celebrations please refer to their website http://www.bccbooks.org/programs/centennial/symposium/
Sponsored by the Marjorie G. and Carl W. Stern Book Arts & Special Collections Center of the San Francisco Public Library and The Book Club of California.
[photos courtesy of The Book Club of California and the speakers]
- RADAR Presents Reading + Launch Party:
- Jueves 4 de Septiembre de 2014Biblioteca Central, Sala Latino/Hispana A & B
- Across the African Diaspora: Islam and Sexuality
- Sábado 13 de Septiembre de 2014Biblioteca Central, Auditorio Koret
- Poetry Reading by Chun Yu
- Sábado 27 de Septiembre de 2014Chinatown/Him Mark Lai, Chinatown: Sala de Reuniones