"The Future of the Book" panel discussion concludes three days of events marking the Book Club of California’s Centennial Symposium entitled “WAY OUT WEST: Fine Printing & the Cultural History of the Book in California.”
Join us for this auspicious opportunity to hear poet and scholar Robert Bringhurst, Internet Archive founder Brewster Kahle, fine-art printer Peter Koch, and Professor Harry Reese in conversation as we celebrate the book arts and pay tribute to one of San Franciso’s venerable cultural institutions.
The Book Club of California is a non-profit membership organization founded in 1912. It supports the art of fine printing through publications, research, public programs, and exhibitions. For more information about the Centennial Symposium and other Centennial celebrations please refer to their website http://www.bccbooks.org/programs/centennial/symposium/
Sponsored by the Marjorie G. and Carl W. Stern Book Arts & Special Collections Center of the San Francisco Public Library and The Book Club of California.
[photos courtesy of The Book Club of California and the speakers]
- Not So Different: Finding Human Nature in Animals
- Jueves 28 de Julio de 2016, 5:30 pmBiblioteca Central, Auditorio Koret
- We're All Terminal
- Martes 2 de Agosto de 2016, 6:00 pmBiblioteca Central, Auditorio Koret
- Gordon Edgar: aka the cheese guy
- Miércoles 3 de Agosto de 2016, 6:00 pmBiblioteca Central, Centro de Alfabetización: Computadoras