In the new book, Beauty is a Verb, the New Poetry of Disability, the editors included a range of writings by people society considers to be disabled, but who may or may not consider themselves to have a disability. The SFPL Library for the Blind and Print Disabled and Deaf Services Center invite people to come celebrate our diversity. Several guest speakers/performers have appeared in the anthology. Open mic/stage for those wishing to express themselves. ASL interpreters will be provided. Audience members who need other accommodations should request them by October 3, 2012: (415)557-4557 or firstname.lastname@example.org
This event is sponsored by Litquake.
- Author Discussion: Aloha Kahuna Soul
- Saturday, June 25, 2016, 2:00 pmOcean View, Ocean View Meeting Room
- Cheddar: America's Most Iconic Cheese
- Wednesday, June 29, 2016, 6:00 pmAnza, Anza Meeting Room
- Epigenetics --- A Closer Look at Genes and Environment
- Sunday, July 10, 2016, 1:00 pmMain Library, Latino/Hispanic Rms A & B