In the new book, Beauty is a Verb, the New Poetry of Disability, the editors included a range of writings by people society considers to be disabled, but who may or may not consider themselves to have a disability. The SFPL Library for the Blind and Print Disabled and Deaf Services Center invite people to come celebrate our diversity. Several guest speakers/performers have appeared in the anthology. Open mic/stage for those wishing to express themselves. ASL interpreters will be provided. Audience members who need other accommodations should request them by October 3, 2012: (415)557-4557 or firstname.lastname@example.org
This event is sponsored by Litquake.
- Armistead Maupin in conversation with K.M. Soehnlein
- Thursday, October 23, 2014Main Library, Koret Auditorium
- Author Talk with Kathryn Ma; The Year She Left Us
- Saturday, November 1, 2014Main Library, Latino/Hispanic Rms A & B
- Building Social Courage
- Sunday, November 9, 2014Potrero, Potrero Meeting Room