Join renowned architect and Chinese American studies historian Philip P. Choy for an insider’s guide to the history and architecture of San Francisco’s Chinatown in his book San Francisco Chinatown: A Guide to Its History and Architecture. In this lecture and slide presentation, witness the triumphs and tragedies of the Chinese American experience in the United States from the city's earliest days to its post-quake transformation into an "oriental" tourist attraction as a pragmatic means of survival.
Mr. Choy co-taught the nation's first college level course in Chinese American history at San Francisco State University. He has served on numerous boards including the California State Historic Resource Commission, the San Francisco Landmark Advisory Board, and the Chinese Historical Society of America. He is the recipient of the prestigious San Francisco State University President's Medal.
A book sale and signing follows this event. This program will be conducted in English.
- Growing Up in San Francisco's Western Neighborhoods
- 星期三, 2015年8月5日, 7:00 pmMerced 分館, Merced 公眾範圍
- Growing Up in San Francisco’s Western Neighborhoods
- 星期四, 2015年8月6日, 7:00 pmSunset 分館, 日落區分館兒童室
- Growing up in San Francisco's Western Neighborhoods
- 星期六, 2015年8月8日, 3:00 pmAnza 分館 , Anza分館會議室