The Golden Gate Bridge has starred in more movies than any other American architectural icon. From Stranded (1935) to The Rise of the Planet of the Apes (2011) the iconic span appears in wide range of films including Superman, Star Trek, Time After Time, It Came from Beneath the Sea, Love Bug, A View to a Kill, Monsters vs. Aliens, Interview with a Vampire, and X-Men.
In honor of its 75th anniversary, Jim Van Buskirk, author of Celluloid San Francisco, (and former SFPL librarian) offers a clip-filled program of hilariously horrifying depictions of San Francisco’s beloved bridge.
This event is cosponsored by the Friends of the San Francisco Public Library, the Bernal History Project, and Bernal Heights Outdoor Cinema.
- Anchor Brewing Co. Tour -- WAIT LIST ONLY!
- Thursday, January 26, 2017, 3:30 pm
- If I am not Black, what does Black Lives Matter mean to me?
- Tuesday, February 7, 2017, 4:30 pmRichmond, Richmond Meeting Room
- Parents, Peers and Pasta
- Wednesday, February 8, 2017, 5:30 pmMission Bay, Mission Bay Program Room
- Connecting Home Owners and Home Seekers
- Thursday, January 26, 2017, 6:00 pmMerced, Merced General Floor Area
- Growing Roses in the San Francisco Bay Area
- Saturday, February 4, 2017, 1:00 pmRichmond, Richmond Meeting Room
- Your Mission Community Market
- Saturday, February 11, 2017, 3:00 pmMission, Mission Garden