The Golden Gate Bridge has starred in more movies than any other American architectural icon. From Stranded (1935) to The Rise of the Planet of the Apes (2011) the iconic span appears in wide range of films including Superman, Star Trek, Time After Time, It Came from Beneath the Sea, Love Bug, A View to a Kill, Monsters vs. Aliens, Interview with a Vampire, and X-Men.
In honor of its 75th anniversary, Jim Van Buskirk, author of Celluloid San Francisco, (and former SFPL librarian) offers a clip-filled program of hilariously horrifying depictions of San Francisco’s beloved bridge.
This event is cosponsored by the Friends of the San Francisco Public Library, the Bernal History Project, and Bernal Heights Outdoor Cinema.
- Sunset District History
- Thursday, July 30, 2015, 7:00 pmSunset, Sunset Children's Area
- Home Preparedness in Earthquake Country
- Saturday, August 1, 2015, 2:00 pmWestern Addition, Western Addition Meeting Room
- Growing Up in San Francisco’s Western Neighborhoods
- Thursday, August 6, 2015, 7:00 pmSunset, Sunset Children's Area