On Location: the Golden Gate Bridge on the Silver Screen
The Golden Gate Bridge has starred in more movies than any other American architectural icon. From Stranded (1935) to The Rise of the Planet of the Apes (2011) the iconic span appears in wide range of films including Superman, Star Trek, Time After Time, It Came from Beneath the Sea, Love Bug, A View to a Kill, Monsters vs. Aliens, Interview with a Vampire, and X-Men.
In honor of its 75th anniversary, Jim Van Buskirk, author of Celluloid San Francisco, (and former SFPL librarian) offers a clip-filled program of hilariously horrifying depictions of San Francisco’s beloved bridge.
This event is cosponsored by the Friends of the San Francisco Public Library, the Bernal History Project, and Bernal Heights Outdoor Cinema.
- Free & Fun in San Francisco - Updated
- Lunes 1 de Junio de 2015North Beach, North Beach
- Visitacion Valley Branch Library Open House
- Sábado 13 de Junio de 2015Visitacion Valley, Visitacion Valley: Área Principal
- Cortland Avenue History Night
- Miércoles 17 de Junio de 2015Bernal Heights, Bernal Heights: Sala de Reuniones