On Location: the Golden Gate Bridge on the Silver Screen
The Golden Gate Bridge has starred in more movies than any other American architectural icon. From Stranded (1935) to The Rise of the Planet of the Apes (2011) the iconic span appears in wide range of films including Superman, Star Trek, Time After Time, It Came from Beneath the Sea, Love Bug, A View to a Kill, Monsters vs. Aliens, Interview with a Vampire, and X-Men.
In honor of its 75th anniversary, Jim Van Buskirk, author of Celluloid San Francisco, (and former SFPL librarian) offers a clip-filled program of hilariously horrifying depictions of San Francisco’s beloved bridge.
This event is cosponsored by the Friends of the San Francisco Public Library, the Bernal History Project, and Bernal Heights Outdoor Cinema.
- Veterans Resource Center Drop-In
- Miércoles 25 de Mayo de 2016, 12:00 pmBiblioteca Central, Golden Gate Rm - 5th Fl
- Potrero Hill Family Support Center
- Miércoles 25 de Mayo de 2016, 3:00 pmPotrero, Potrero: Sala de Reuniones
- Off the Grid
- Domingo 29 de Mayo de 2016, 11:00 amBibliotecas Ambulantes, Biblioteca Ecológica