The Golden Gate Bridge has starred in more movies than any other American architectural icon. From Stranded (1935) to The Rise of the Planet of the Apes (2011) the iconic span appears in wide range of films including Superman, Star Trek, Time After Time, It Came from Beneath the Sea, Love Bug, A View to a Kill, Monsters vs. Aliens, Interview with a Vampire, and X-Men.
In honor of its 75th anniversary, Jim Van Buskirk, author of Celluloid San Francisco, (and former SFPL librarian) offers a clip-filled program of hilariously horrifying depictions of San Francisco’s beloved bridge.
This event is cosponsored by the Friends of the San Francisco Public Library, the Bernal History Project, and Bernal Heights Outdoor Cinema.
- 星期三, 2015年4月1日Excelsior 分館, Excelsior 分館會議室
- Sidewalk Poetry & Music with Mission MAPP
- 星期六, 2015年4月4日Mission 分館, Mission 公眾範圍
- Free & Fun in San Francisco - Updated
- 星期一, 2015年4月6日North Beach 分館, North Beach分館