San Francisco Public Library’s annual Banned Books celebration takes a turn to the grey (and risqué). Join Emily Morse, the San Francisco star of Bravo TV’s newest hit, Miss Advised and host of the podcast Sex with Emily to dissect and discussThe New York Times best seller and much-banned book, 50 Shades of Grey. So unleash your inner goddess, share your opinions about the 50 Shades phenomena and celebrate the freedom to read all the erotic fiction you want.
Banned Books Week is an annual event highlighting the importance of the First Amendment and the harms of censorship by spotlighting actual or attempted banning of books across the U.S. The Fifty Shades of Grey books trilogy by E.L. James was banned this Spring in libraries in three states. San Francisco Public Library’s event is part of Banned by the Bay celebration. For more information visit www.bannedbythebay.org. A book sale by Readers Books follows the event.
- 4th Anniversary Merced Branch Library Open House
- Wednesday, May 20, 2015Merced, Merced General Floor Area
- Author talk with Shohreh Aghdashloo
- Thursday, May 21, 2015Potrero, Potrero Meeting Room
- Open Books: Francisco Xavier Alarcόn
- Tuesday, May 26, 2015Main Library, Koret Auditorium