San Francisco Public Library’s annual Banned Books celebration takes a turn to the grey (and risqué). Join Emily Morse, the San Francisco star of Bravo TV’s newest hit, Miss Advised and host of the podcast Sex with Emily to dissect and discussThe New York Times best seller and much-banned book, 50 Shades of Grey. So unleash your inner goddess, share your opinions about the 50 Shades phenomena and celebrate the freedom to read all the erotic fiction you want.
Banned Books Week is an annual event highlighting the importance of the First Amendment and the harms of censorship by spotlighting actual or attempted banning of books across the U.S. The Fifty Shades of Grey books trilogy by E.L. James was banned this Spring in libraries in three states. San Francisco Public Library’s event is part of Banned by the Bay celebration. For more information visit www.bannedbythebay.org. A book sale by Readers Books follows the event.
- Growing Up in San Francisco's Western Neighborhoods
- 星期三, 2015年8月5日, 7:00 pmMerced 分館, Merced 公眾範圍
- Growing Up in San Francisco’s Western Neighborhoods
- 星期四, 2015年8月6日, 7:00 pmSunset 分館, 日落區分館兒童室
- Growing up in San Francisco's Western Neighborhoods
- 星期六, 2015年8月8日, 3:00 pmAnza 分館 , Anza分館會議室