AfroSolo Arts Festival 19 proudly presents its annual visual arts exhibit entitled Race: Art before Answers. The exhibition will showcase the works of eleven artists and these artists' individual responses to some of the many influences that race has on their lives as well as how race informs our interpretation of history, heritage, and social codes of conduct. It is curated by Michael Ross.
The artists include:
1. Kemit Amenophis - painting
2. Rodney Ewing - hand colored woodcut
3. Candi Farlice - mixed media
4. Stephanie Johnson - marble sculpture
5. Derek Lassiter -photograph
6. Patricia Montgomery - quilt
7.Ramekon O'Arwisters - sculpture
8. Lisa Ramos - painting
9 Michael Ross: drawing
10. Morrie Turner - Cartoon
11 Markin K. White - sculpture
"The artist cannot and must not take anything for granted, but must drive to the heart of every answer and expose the question the answer hides."