1972, 93 minutes
When the President and Speaker of the House are killed in a building collapse, and the Vice-President declines the office due to age and ill-health, Senate President pro tempore Douglas Dilman (James Earl Jones) suddenly becomes the first black man to occupy the Oval Office. The events from that day to the next election when he must decide if he will actually run challenge his skills as a politician and leader.
This is a Films & Videos program from SFPL. From feature films to youth-made videos, we’ve got something great to watch.
- Thursdays at Noon films - Waiting for Guffman (1996)
- Thursday, October 27, 2016, 12:00 pm
- *CANCELLED: San Francisco, the city that knows how
- Thursday, October 27, 2016, 5:45 pm
- About Time - Audio Described Film
- Friday, October 28, 2016, 2:00 pm