In this lecture, San Francisco artist Marlene Aron will examine the work of Vincent Van Gogh and Camille Pissarro. Over one hundred slides will be shown, from their earliest drawings and lithographs, to their most beautiful and powerful paintings. She will demonstrate how these two artists, whose shared compassion for the laborer, the peasant, and those who struggled to get by in their daily lives, would be the perfect spokespersons for today’s 99% political movement.
- OWL: Older Writers Laboratory
- 星期一, 2017年3月27日, 10:00 amBernal Heights 分館, Bernal Heights 分館會議室
- Constance Fenimore Woolson: She-Novelist in Venice
- 星期三, 2017年3月29日, 7:00 pmMerced 分館, Merced 公眾範圍
- Thursdays at Noon Films: Postcards from the Edge
- 星期四, 2017年3月30日, 12:00 pmMain 總圖書館, Koret 禮堂