This free class examines Western classical music in various political, economic, and aesthetic contexts and seeks to teach listening skills, a critical vocabulary for discussing music, and an appreciation for the complex roles of music in society. We will look at changing genres and styles of music and discuss composers’ choices and assumptions, as well as those of patrons and audiences, as we move chronologically from the Classical through the Romantic eras. Instructor: John Smalley
Check uotc.org for a complete list of free University of the Commons classes.
- Cuentos para Niños de 3-5 años
- Martes 21 de Octubre de 2014Bayview, Bayview: Sala de Reuniones
- Movie for Families
- Sábado 25 de Octubre de 2014Ingleside, Ingleside: Sala de Reuniones
- Music and Movement with Charity Kahn
- Martes 28 de Octubre de 2014Anza, Anza: Sala de Reuniones