This free class examines Western classical music in various political, economic, and aesthetic contexts and seeks to teach listening skills, a critical vocabulary for discussing music, and an appreciation for the complex roles of music in society. We will look at changing genres and styles of music and discuss composers’ choices and assumptions, as well as those of patrons and audiences, as we move chronologically from the Classical through the Romantic eras. Instructor: John Smalley
Check uotc.org for a complete list of free University of the Commons classes.
- ESL Help
- Lunes 22 de Diciembre de 2014Ingleside, Ingleside: Área Juvenil
- The Tales of Hoffmann by Jacques Offenbach
- Martes 6 de Enero de 2015Richmond/Senator Milton Marks, Richmond: Sala de Reuniones
- Afternoon Koto Music Performance
- Sábado 10 de Enero de 2015Western Addition, Western Addition: Sala de Reuniones