This free class examines Western classical music in various political, economic, and aesthetic contexts and seeks to teach listening skills, a critical vocabulary for discussing music, and an appreciation for the complex roles of music in society. We will look at changing genres and styles of music and discuss composers’ choices and assumptions, as well as those of patrons and audiences, as we move chronologically from the Classical through the Romantic eras. Instructor: John Smalley
Check uotc.org for a complete list of free University of the Commons classes.
- just DANCE!
- Wednesday, November 25, 2015, 3:00 pmMission Bay, Mission Bay Program Room
- Musical Outdoor Storytime
- Tuesday, December 1, 2015, 10:30 am
- Sing-Along with Alison Faith Levy
- Wednesday, December 2, 2015, 10:30 amChinatown, Chinatown Meeting Room