This free class examines Western classical music in various political, economic, and aesthetic contexts and seeks to teach listening skills, a critical vocabulary for discussing music, and an appreciation for the complex roles of music in society. We will look at changing genres and styles of music and discuss composers’ choices and assumptions, as well as those of patrons and audiences, as we move chronologically from the Classical through the Romantic eras. Instructor: John Smalley
Check uotc.org for a complete list of free University of the Commons classes.
- Marianne's Holiday Pajama Storytime
- Thursday, December 18, 2014Excelsior, Excelsior Meeting Room
- CANCELLED - Classical Guitar Serenade
- Thursday, December 18, 2014Richmond/Senator Milton Marks, Richmond General Floor Area
- Alison Faith Levy
- Saturday, December 20, 2014Glen Park, Glen Park Meeting Room