This free class examines Western classical music in various political, economic, and aesthetic contexts and seeks to teach listening skills, a critical vocabulary for discussing music, and an appreciation for the complex roles of music in society. We will look at changing genres and styles of music and discuss composers’ choices and assumptions, as well as those of patrons and audiences, as we move chronologically from the Classical through the Romantic eras. Instructor: John Smalley
Check uotc.org for a complete list of free University of the Commons classes.
- Six Roses - Jazz Performance
- Miércoles 29 de Junio de 2016, 7:00 pmExcelsior, Excelsior: Sala de Reuniones
- Musical Outdoor Storytime
- Martes 5 de Julio de 2016, 10:30 am
- Bernal Jazz Quartet
- Miércoles 13 de Julio de 2016, 6:30 pmBernal Heights, Bernal Heights: Sala de Reuniones