This free class examines Western classical music in various political, economic, and aesthetic contexts and seeks to teach listening skills, a critical vocabulary for discussing music, and an appreciation for the complex roles of music in society. We will look at changing genres and styles of music and discuss composers’ choices and assumptions, as well as those of patrons and audiences, as we move chronologically from the Classical through the Romantic eras. Instructor: John Smalley
Check uotc.org for a complete list of free University of the Commons classes.
- Merola Goes To The Movies: A Night at the Opera
- Sábado 11 de Enero de 2014
Biblioteca Central, Auditorio Koret
- Celebrate Chinese New Year with Music!
- Domingo 12 de Enero de 2014
- Opera For the People: Winter-Spring 2014
- Sábado 18 de Enero de 2014
Noe Valley/Sally Brunn
- Jazz at the Library
- Sábado 25 de Enero de 2014